Tuesday, October 2, 2012

So apparently I have a blog...

Several years ago I started at least two or three different blogs, in different places, with the intention of using them to post stories and serial fiction. It never really worked out that way, because by the time I would have a new story to post (and remember to post it) I found I'd forgotten not only my username and password, but also what site the blog was on in the first place. So I'd have to start a different blog, in a new place. Mercifully, this didn't go on for TOO long, because I quickly realized that the whole blog thing wasn't working out after all. Fast forward to the present. Over the last few months, I've been doing a lot of freelance writing. Some of it is really interesting, some of it is kind of funny, and a lot of it is just plain weird. So I've been thinking again, "You know... I really should have a blog, to document this experience." There are a whole bunch of random anecdotes and observations I'd love to share about the life of a freelance writer. But up until now, I never really got around to it, because I remember all my previous problems with posting blogs... Which brings us to today. I wanted to post a reply to someone else's blog, and it told me I could do so with my Google account. So I did... and above my comment, it lists a name. Not my name, but one I recognized, if only vaguely. It was the name of a blog I'd started, all those years ago. Evidently this was one of the places where I started a blog and never followed through. Now here it is again. And it's connected to my Google account, which I have no trouble remembering or accessing. So I guess I have a blog. Maybe I'll use it to post all those wonderfully droll observations I've had on the life of a freelance writer. Or maybe I'll forget all about it and let it languish for another four years. Only time will tell...

No comments: