Monday, August 26, 2013

Three Word Story (your participation needed!)

So, this is an idea that I stole from my friend Teresa Jusino, whose awesome blog can be found here.

I love to write fiction and would love to do more of it... but lately I've been having a hard time 1.) getting inspired, and 2.) finding the time to sit down and do it. So that's where you come in.

In the comments below, leave three random words. Any words at all, long or short, common or obscure. Do it by 5pm Pacific Time today. At the end of the day, I'll put all the entries onto little slips of paper and draw one out of a hat. I'll write a story inspired by those three words, that's at least 500 words long. That's a net gain of 497 words! Or more! (In fact, probably more; I'm pretty long-winded once I get going.) The story will be posted this Saturday. Why Saturday? Because Teresa already does Fridays, and I don't want to seem like I'm copying her TOO much. :P

Now, Teresa also gives the winners a signed, handwritten copy of the story that their words inspired. If I did this, you wouldn't be able to read the story, as my handwriting is abominable. So I won't subject you to it. Instead, you can have a nice, clean, computer-printed copy, that's still signed. And possibly printed in an cool and vibrant color, since my printer is almost out of black ink at the moment.

So, to recap: Three random words, in the comments below. GO!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

applesauce
quagmire
dumpling

Mark in Topanga said...

owl
flute
deception

Redilicious said...

Pasta

Judo

Devastation

Zetty said...

effervescent

wring

holdings

Unknown said...

Lillies
Apostasy
Egregious